I SIMPLY ADORE AUTUMN IN CANBERRA!
The cool, crisp days with intense blue skies and sunshine that warms your back. Canberra’s mass plantings of deciduous trees makes for the most beautiful tapestry of colours as you drive around our city. It is one of my favourite times to photograph families in and around our region – families get rugged up and get cosy, and kids cheeks get that gorgeous rosy tinge.
Autumn has been off to a bit of a slower start than usual this year, but everything is now just starting to kick off (and will be gone before we know it).
As I was sitting in my garden with a cup of tea today admiring my Lipstick Maple tree that has turned the most brilliant shade of red (whilst my kids did handstands underneath it), I realised that there must be other families in Canberra who have special autumn gardens – favourite places or favourite trees that they love to admire in the privacy of their own front and backyards for this very brief time of year. And it got me thinking, most of my Autumn sessions are out in parks and fields. I’d love to see peoples special autumn gardens and capture them in it.
So with that in mind, I have decided to run a competition…
I don’t mind if you are a single, a couple, have a fur-child or a couple of kids – I’d just love to capture someone (or a whole family) who loves Autumn as much as me. I want to discover your private Autumn space and capture you enjoying it. You might only have one magnificent tree that puts on an Autumn display, or complete garden ablaze with colour. I want to see what you love about Autumn in your own home.
- an outdoor family/portrait session at your home (in your garden) – session will take place on Sunday, 7 May either morning or afternoon (you choose the time of day your garden looks particularly divine) and must be in the Canberra Region (anywhere within a 45 minute drive from Canberra CBD qualifies)
- 1 8×12″ and 3 5×7″ matted prints; and
- 5 digital images.
How to enter
- Complete the Autumn Competition entry form – Please ensure you have read the Terms & Conditions (below) before completing an entry
- Send us a photo of your Autumn Garden (phone quality is fine) – Post your photo to the Facebook competition post or email to email@example.com (you can send it as a reply to your competition entry confirmation email).
- Entries Close at 5pm, Thursday 4 May 2017.
- Winner will be drawn at 8pm, Thursday 4 May.
Competitions Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to any person who resides within a 45 minute drive from the Canberra ACT CBD (Civic Post Office)
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By entering this competition, you agree that if you win
1. You consent to TwoCollins photography using any images taken during your photo session in marketing material for TwoCollins Photography
2. You consent to TwoCollins photography using any images taken during your photo session for entrance into photographic competitions
- The winner must be available for the session on Sunday 7 May 2017. The winner will have a choice of sunrise/morning or afternoon/sunset
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 5pm, Thursday, 4 May 2017 . After this date the no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- TwoCollins Photography reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by TwoCollins Photography.
- The prize is as follows:
1 x Outdoor Portrait Session on Sunday 7 May 2017
1 8×12″ and 3 5×7″ matted prints
5 digital images
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prize is not transferable.
- How the Winner will be drawn:
The Proprietors of TwoCollins Photography will shortlist 10 entries (that have met the entry requirements) based upon the below subjective criteria:
1. The entrants stated connection to their garden and how they utilise it in Autumn, and
2. Visual appeal of autumn colours that the entrants garden displays.
A winner will then be selected from the 10 shortlisted entrants at random by “Random Result” software on Thursday 4 May 2017 at 8pm.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or Facebook and/or SMS within 1 hour of the draw. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- TwoCollins Photography’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in relation to this competition and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- TwoCollins Photography‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- TwoCollins Photography has the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- TwoCollins Photography also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.